Junior First Aid Training
Currently, British schools have no obligation to teach students about first aid, despite the obvious benefits this education would bring. From our experience of teaching children and seeing how much they gain from it, we think everybody should know how to save a life.
What you will learn
Child Matters are focused on helping to educate all children in the essential first aid life skills.
During our training course you will learn:
- What is first aid and who can deliver it.
- When and how to get help.
- How to check if someone is responsive.
- Putting someone in a safe, recovery position.
- What to do if you think a casualty is not breathing, CPR compressions only.
- The choking casualty.
- What to do if someone is bleeding.
- Recognising and managing fractures.
- What to do if someone suffers a burn.
- Management of seizures.
- Treating a casualty with anaphylaxis.
What is included
The Junior first aid training course is a fun, interactive and practical course aimed at teaching first aid skills to children and young people.
- 3hr workshop, including registration and a refreshment break, with a maximum of 12 children.
- All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance, a first aid manual and hand outs.
Who is the course for
This course is ideal for children from the age of 11yrs (year 5) to school leaver age. Ideal for teenagers who babysit, play or referee sports and any vigilant young person wanting to learn an important life skill
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.