Introduction to Safeguarding – Level 1
This half day course is a beginner level introduction to safeguarding, ideal for anyone who works with with children.
What you will learn
If you need to be up to date with safeguarding issues as part of your role at work this is the training course for you. On our training course we will cover a wide range of topics to helping you to deal with any eventuality. You will be taught in a face to face learning environment with experienced professionals.
During our training course you will learn:
- Introduction to child protection and the current legislation framework for safeguarding children and young people.
- Understand what constitutes child abuse.
- The categories of child abuse and neglect and how to recognise the signs and indicators.
- How to react when a child is being abused and understanding referral mechanisms and how to refer.
- Understanding the importance of sharing information, communication and the dangers of not sharing information
What is included
- You will spend 3hrs in the classroom.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- You will receive a certificate valid for 3 yrs.
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
This half day course covers safeguarding legislation and guidance. Completion of the course will give you the knowledge to understand the processes for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those suffering, at risk of suffering or significant harm.
Who is the course for
This half-day course is a general introduction to safeguarding and child protection and specifically designed for anyone who comes into contact with children, including employees and volunteers. This is a beginner’s course and you need no specific child protection skills. The course meets all government guidance including CQC and OFSTED’s level 1 criteria.
Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be expected to carry out practical skills. Free parking is available on site. Refreshments are included. Customised versions of this course are available and can be tailored to your individual workplaces. This is an excellent opportunity for colleagues to learn together and explore personal and professional differences while gaining a clear understanding of their statutory and shared responsibilities.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.