Flat Stan First Aid Workshops For Children
Child Matters is delighted to be delivering the Flat Stan first aid workshops. Flat Stan first aid is an exciting new training concept which provides essential life skills for children (with lots of fun included), so that now or later in life they will know what to do in an emergency, so that they can help themselves and others.
What you will learn
Child Matters are focused on helping to educate all school children in essential first aid life skills through the Flat Stan programme.
During our training course you will learn:
- What is first aid and who can deliver first aid.
- When and how to get help – dialing 999.
- How to check if someone is responsive.
- Putting someone in a safe, recovery position.
- What to do if you think a casualty is not breathing, CPR compressions only.
- What to do if someone is choking.
- What to do if someone is bleeding.
- What to do if someone suffers a burn.
What is included
- You will spend 2 hrs in the classroom.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- You will receive a Flat Stan certificate of attendance and sticker
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
- 2hr workshop including registration and a refreshment break.
- All attendees will receive a sticker and certificate of attendance.
Who is the course for
Perfect for all school aged children, 5-10yrs Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Rainbows, Brownies or Guide groups.
Child Matters delivers their Flat Stan, Junior First Aid and Family First Aid Courses as fundraising events. For example, if your PTA wishes to host a course then we donate a contribution of £5-10 per person depending upon the number of attendees to your charity.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.