First Aid for Schools – 6 Hours
Our first aid for schools course can help train your team of teachers and school staff to deal with any first aid emergency. The first aid for school’s course has been specifically designed to provide schools with an adapted HSE approved EFAW course covering both adult and child first aid, suitable for a school setting and perfect to fit within an inset or training day. We can also arrange a bespoke group course, at a venue of your choice to suit your individual requirements.
What you will learn
It is vital that should a first aid emergency happen in the classroom, playground, dinner hall or during a school trip; all teachers and support workers will be confident and knowledgeable on how to respond to the situation until advanced medical assistance arrives. We enable your staff to respond to an emergency independently, but also run through a number of scenarios so they have hands-on practice working as part of a team. A great team building day.
- Understand the role and responsibility of the paediatric first aider.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
- Accident reporting.
- Incident Management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents and assessing casualties
- Be able to provide first aid for a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (CPR).
- Be able to provide first aid for a child/ adult who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid for a child with external bleeding.
- Understand how to provide first aid to a child who is in shock.
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant/ child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
- Understand how to help a child with breathing problems (eg: Asthma), Epilepsy, Seizures, a Head Injury, Allergic reaction, Anaphylaxis and common playground injuries, fractures, wounds and dental.
What is included
- You will spend 6hrs in the classroom.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- You will receive a certificate valid for 3 yrs.
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
- Following the training an assessment of competence leads to the award of a certificate.
- The training meets the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
- You will receive a PDF Paediatric First Aid Course Student manual weekly video email refreshers and a reminder of when your certificate needs refreshing.
Who is the course for
This first aid for schools training course has been developed with a school in mind, it is perfect for ensuring that all teachers and school staff are equipped to deal with a medical emergency. Our course meets the needs of EYFS, DCSF and the voluntary part of OFSTED childcare register.
This course can be delivered up to a maximum of 60 staff and tailored to your individual workplace, suitable for inset days. Please contact us for further information and group booking prices.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.