Child Protection Advance Course – Levels 1 & 2
This one-day course is for those who need to gain an advanced knowledge of Child Protection or who wish to take a deeper look at child protection issues. This course is an excellent starter for those wishing to become a Designated Person or Child Protection Officer, manager or policy writer, and also ideal for those who have operational responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people, who make decisions about what action needs to be taken, contacting and liaising with other agencies involved in safeguarding children, especially children’s social care.
What you will learn
If you need to be kept up to speed with all of the current child protection issues as part of your role at work, then this 6hr training course is for you.
During our training course you will learn:
- Explore attitudes and values with regard to safeguarding children while stating your own values regarding child abuse and the impact of these on professional practice
- Understand broad definitions of child abuse and neglect. Recognise the signs of child abuse by focusing on examples as well as the behavioural and physical indicators.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures exploring the blocks inhibiting children from disclosing abuse
- Gain an awareness of how a child’s race, culture, gender and ability inform an assessment of their needs.
- Know how to make a referral having taken appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a concern about a child or young person.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work.
- Understand the Child Protection system and professional roles within this.
What is included
- You will spend 3hrs in the classroom.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- You will receive a certificate valid for 3 yrs.
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
This full day course provides an opportunity for individuals and teams of staff to explore attitudes and values with regards to safeguarding children, gain a more in-depth knowledge of the signs and symptoms of abuse, reporting, policies and procedures and inter-agency liaison.
Who is the course for
This full day course is aimed at those who work with children in a variety of settings, including school teachers, volunteer groups, health professionals, youth volunteers, community groups, dentists, family centres, PTA’s, governors, etc. this course aims to enhance awareness and encourage good practice.
Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be expected to carry out practical skills. Free parking is available on site. Refreshments are included. Customised versions of this course are available and can be tailored to your individual workplaces. This is an excellent opportunity for colleagues to learn together and explore personal and professional differences while gaining a clear understanding of their statutory and shared responsibilities.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.