6 hour Paediatric First Aid Course
Since March 2017 EYFS requires anyone who is required to be on the Voluntary OFSTED register must have a basic level of first aid training. This 6 Hour Paediatric First Aid Course – Level 3 meets the requirements of the voluntary part of the OFSTED childcare register, which many nannies, au pairs and those in equivalent job roles are opting to join. This course delivers the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to deal with an emergency involving an adult, infant and child. We can also arrange a bespoke group course, at a venue of your choice to suit your individual requirements..
What you will learn
If you work with children but do not require a 12 Hour Course for the full OFSTED register, then this course is for you, meeting the criteria of the reviewed EYFS guideline (March 2017) and the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register. We will cover a wide range of first aid topics to help you deal with any eventuality. You will be taught in a face to face learning environment with experienced professionals.
During our training course you will learn:
- Understand the role and responsibility of the paediatric first aider.
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant/ child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant/ child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant/ child who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant/ child with external bleeding.
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant/ child who is in shock.
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant/ child with bites, stings and minor injuries.
What is included
- You will spend 6hrs in the classroom.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- You will receive a certificate valid for 3 yrs.
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
- Following the training an assessment of competence leads to the award of a certificate.
- The training meets the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
- You will receive a PDF Paediatric First Aid Course Student manual weekly video email refresher and a reminder of when your certificate needs refreshing.
Who is the course for
This first aid training course is ideal for those working with children and who wish to gain the skills and confidence to deal with a medical emergency such as: nannies, au pairs, voluntary workers, school teaching and support staff who are working with children but do NOT need the 12hr course. Our course meets the needs of EYFS, DCSF and the voluntary part of OFSTED childcare register.
Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be expected to carry out practical skills. Time is allowed for a lunch break. Free parking is available on site. Refreshments are included. On site or group bookings are ideal if you have your own venue or a team of people to train together.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.