First Aid at Work – (FAW) – Level 3
The First Aid at Work Level 3 (VTQ) qualification (FAW) is ideal for most businesses whose risk assessment has identified that they require a fully trained first aider for their workplace. All courses are delivered, evaluated and quality assured to meet the new guidelines as outlined by the First Aid at Work (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent updates including the 1st October 2017 changes.
What you will learn
If you are the designated first aid contact at work, this is the training course for you. On our 3-day training course we will cover a wide range of first aid topics to help you deal with any eventuality. You will be taught in both a practical and face to face learning environment with experienced professionals.
During our training course you will learn:
- How to manage a first aid incident.
- The priorities of First Aid.
- Accident reporting.
- What should be included within a first aid kit.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – the recovery position.
- Treatment of a casualty who is not breathing – CPR.
- The importance of and how to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Provide first aid to a person with a heart attack or angina.
- Provide first aid to a person who is suffering with a stroke.
- Provide first aid to someone who is choking.
- Provide first aid to someone who is in shock.
- Provide first aid to someone who is bleeding, including: grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose, ect.
- Provide first aid to someone with burns or scalds.
- Provide first aid to someone with head injuries, concussion, compression or skull fracture.
- Provide first aid to someone with a spinal injury.
- Provide first aid to someone with a broken bone or dislocation.
- Provide first aid to someone with anaphylaxis and use of an auto injector (Epipen, Jext, Emerade).
- Provide first aid to someone with asthma.
- Provide first aid to someone with diabetes.
- Provide first aid to someone with a seizure.
What is included
- This course can be completed either as a 3-day course in the classroom or as a blended 2-day course accompanied by online learning.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
- You will receive a full certificate, wall chart and wallet card valid for 3yrs.
- To renew you need to attend a 12 contact hour 2 days FAW re-qualification course.
- Free downloadable material.
- Video skills reminder.
- Certificate expiry reminder.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone who needs to become a fully qualified first aider in the work place.
Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be expected to carry out practical skills. Group bookings for a maximum of 12 people are available at a discounted rate. We welcome the opportunity to tailor either the 2 or 3-day qualification this to your individual business requirements. Please CLICK HERE to discuss with us further.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.