The Emergency First Aid Course for Work
Our mission is that you complete our first aid courses with more knowledge and more confidence, giving you an understanding of why situations happen and how to manage them, enabling you to respond quickly in an emergency.
What you will learn
This courses is designed for workplaces that fall into a low risk category, if you have staff required to be emergency first aiders or if you need a first aid qualifications for your role at work. On our training course we will cover a wide range of first aid topics to help you deal with any eventuality. You will be taught in a face to face learning environment with experienced professionals.
During our training course you will learn:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty (CPR).
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries.
What is included
- This is a 1-day course which has 6 hours of teaching included, the 6 hours can be awarded as CPD upon completion.
- Alternatively, the one day EFAW is also available as a blended option, enabling you to do a 3-hour pre-learning online and complete the practical element in a 4-hour workshop or evening.
- You will receive expert, qualified tuition by the team who are continuously working within a hospital or community setting for the NHS.
- It is recommended that all first aiders complete an annual first aid refresher course.
- You will receive a copy of all course material which you can refer back to.
- All our first aid courses fully meet the UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2015 as per the HSE requirements.
- Those who attend will be eligible to act as an emergency first aider in the work place.
- You will receive a full certificate, wall chart and wallet card valid for 3yrs.
- Free downloadable material.
- Video skills reminder.
- Certificate expiry reminder.
Who is the course for
This course is ideal for employees of an organisations where the need for a full 3-day blended First Aid at work course is not necessary for example (but not limited to): Sports Professionals; Personal Trainers (including the Football Association, Rugby, Sailing and Hockey); Charities and local Authorities; Children and Youth organisations; Builders & Construction; Beauty, retail and Hospitality; Home Carers; Care Homes and Foster Carers needing a regulated qualification. Those who attend will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to deal with first aid emergencies in the work place, as set out in the Health and Safety (First Aid) at Work Regulations 1981 and the updated guidelines in October 2017.
Please note that the classroom course has a minimum age of 14 yrs.
If you wish to complete the blended course, there are 2 parts to the booking process. You will be required to complete the online training before attending the classroom day. When you have successfully completed both the online and classroom modules, you will be issued a wall certificate and wallet card. In addition to booking your 6hr classroom training course, you must also purchase the online training course. Please wear comfortable clothing as you will be expected to carry out practical skills. Time is allowed for a lunch break. Free parking is available on site. Refreshments are included. On site or group bookings are ideal if you have your own venue or a team of people to train together.
Please sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to receive first aid hints
and tips direct to your inbox, plus keep up to date on our latest workshops.